Home » Liberty, Uncategorized

Columbine Father 12 years later …….

Submitted by on February 24, 2012 – 4:33 pm EST10 Comments

Guess our national leaders didn’t expect this, hmm? On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton , Colorado , was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee’s subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:

Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain’s heart.

In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA – because I don’t believe that they are responsible for my daughter’s death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel’s murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy — it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You’ve stripped away our heritage,
You’ve outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question “Why?”
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation’s history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine’s tragedy occurs — politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA — I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own
heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter’s death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not
allow that to happen!”

Darrell Scott

(Footnote – as a reader correctly points out – this speech was given some years ago but the sentiments still hold true for today)

10 Comments »

• frank says:

Beautiful. But of course since this is common sense, the liberals will ridicule it.

• Randi Briggs says:

All I can say is wow. I truly thought all common sense was dead in this country. I’m happy to see that I was wrong.

• Tracy says:

Just wanted to make sure that readers were aware that this speech took place in 1999. Doesn’t really lessen the impact, since Mr. Scott did in fact deliver the speech as quoted. No inaccuracy there.

• d j cleve says:

Something to consider as a possible contributing factor in the incident at Columbine may be prescription drugs to treat conditions diagnosed by our good doctors in the mental health field. You may have to copy and paste the url links below. Once you explore this issue some, in light of how obamacare is likely to be administered, there may be some concern. With NDAA in place, these treatments for folks may be carried out under color of law and completely involuntarily on the part of detainees.

But that little child will be able to get care at the emergency room !!! Oh wait, doesn’t that already happen ???

John DeCamp is an interesting fellow. Google his name…

“… The fact that the court has allowed the case to go forward is a good sign for Taylor, but there have been some very strange developments. Lincoln, Neb., attorney John DeCamp, who now represents Taylor against Solvay, tells Insight that “two days after I took the case, Solvay pulled Luvox from the market. I don’t know if my coming on the case had any bearing on them pulling the drug, but it is interesting.” Solvay announced that the drug was being removed temporarily from the U.S. market to revise data about how Luvox is manufactured. …”

“… Most of the stories on this site describe events that occurred after the year 2000. The increase in online news material and the efficiency of search engines has greatly increased the ability to track stories. Even these 4,800+ documented stories only represent the tip of an iceberg since most stories do not make it into the media. There are 115 cases of bizarre behavior, 66 school shootings/incidents, 68 road rage tragedies, 19 air rage incidents, 101 arson cases, 70 postpartum depression cases, over 1,000 murders (homicides) or murder attempts, over 300 murder-suicides (30% committed by women) and other acts of violence including workplace violence on this site. There are also over 100 Journal Articles and FDA reports listed in the Index. They are at the top of the Index immediately below the 66 school shootings/incidents and the 29 “won” criminal cases. …”

• ernie says:

no matter when this letter was writen i has to hit home with every parent in this world it was ment for the goverment and it may have benn commen sense but to those who lost their loveones there are still questions

• PAT MOORE says:

AGREE ,THIS IS SPITURAL. WE NEED TO TURN OUR EYES UPON GOD.

• Tammy says:

“Amen” We are forced to support a public school system that bans prayer I don’t want my money going to a place that does not support one nation, under god, indivisible and justice for all. This country was founded on it… We have catered to every other belief there is. not to offend anyone but, this is America and we are founded under God if you do not like it please do the real Americans a favor, leave……….
    My prayers will always be for my country to find God and turn our hearts to him now…he is our only salvation..

• Your means of telling everything in this post is genuinely
    nice, all be able to effortlessly understand it, Thanks a lot.

1 Pingbacks »

Leave a comment!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: